Monday, June 27, 2011

Goodbye to the French Fry


This week, I’m sticking with no beef.  As my previous post said, it was not that hard to do and I think will be good change for my diet and lifestyle.  This week, I’m going no fast food.  I usually eat about once or twice from fast food places.  I have a particular soft spot for Wendy’s cheeseburgers and McDonald’s fries.  Well, not anymore.
Beside not being good for my waistline or any other part my of body, fast food is bad for the environment in more ways than one.  First off, the beef that I talked about last week is a staple at many fast food joints.  The second and easiest to see point is the sheer amount of garbage generate from a meal.  Besides those to points there are a lot of practices used by various fast food joints that are not exactly kind to our planet. 
So this week’s green challenge is no fast food.  I am including all carryout restaurants in that bracket.  Also, I want to get in the habit of not drinking out of disposable containers.  Also, when I go out to eat, I want to avoid getting Styrofoam to-go boxes.  That is going to be grouped in with this week’s challenge.  Not that I got the cheeseburgers out of the picture, I think this might be easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment