Monday, October 17, 2011

What I'm Eating

This weekend, Gregory and I spent most of the day in his kitchen making a mess, breaking the garbage disposal (oops), and successful cooking enough vegetarian food for our whole week.  We spent about $35.00 dollars on all the groceries.  The recipes came from my new book obsession: Veganomicon.  Everything so far has been delicious and has challenged me in the kitchen.  Also, before the picture of our weekly menu, I have to at least mention my second obsession which is acorn squash.  I could eat it every meal (and most likely will be eating half of one with every meal this week) because they are a. good for both me and my taste buds, b. cheap (try 2 for a $1.50), and c. LOCAL!  Yay!  I really cannot find any reason not reason not to completely overindulge in this amazing fall produce over the next few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment