Saturday, September 3, 2011

And the Results are...


Well, it is Friday morning now and the Walletless Week experiment has come to a close.  It was all going rather smoothly until yesterday when I woke up late, forgot to make lunch and had to buy lunch.  I went to Subway, which I thought was a better choice and less “fast-foodie” than Jimmy Johns or Wendy’s or McDonalds.  Later, my boyfriend told me though that I don’t want to know where Subway’s chicken even comes from and that Subway should be included in the fast food category.  Next week I am going to research where food from restaurants and grocery stores that I frequently consumes comes from in an attempt to avoid supporting anti-green establishments with my money. 
Anyways, minus the Subway for lunch and skipping on cooking dinner last night (we went to happy hour instead), I spent no money this week.  We still have ingredients left over which is kind of disappointing but if I had planned better, I could have used those for lunch. 
Overall, I did not really like any of the recipes and made up my own for Wednesday with the ingredients.  It was really nice having dinner planned though and not have to think about it or run to the store to get something I didn’t have.
Since I liked the overall concept of shopping once and having the week planned out, I am going to do the same next week but with my own recipes.  I am going to work on my menu and shopping list tomorrow and I’ll publish over the weekend.  I am going to focus on ingredients that I can get the farmer’s market or from the local grocery store while also being conscience of the cost.  I hope to keep it at about $30.00 dollars (like it was last week).  

No comments:

Post a Comment