Monday, September 19, 2011

Mission Missouri Menu

Here is what I am planning to eat this week.  Yes, it involves the controversial chicken.  But it also incorporates a lot of vegetables and what I buy might deviate from the list depending on what is local and what is not when I go shopping tonight.  I am setting a budget and starting at Local Harvest.  Out of everything I buy today for my week, I want at least 25% (that's about 6 out of the 19 ingredients of it to be from Missouri.


Monday Dinner: Vegetable and Bean Soup
Tuesday Lunch: Leftover Soup
Tuesday Dinner: Brined Chicken, Stuffed Zucchini Boat, with a simple lettuce salad 
Wednesday Lunch: More leftover soup
Wednesday Dinner:  My new obsession, chicken salad (e-mail if you're interested in the recipe)
Thursday Lunch: Leftover something (I still have some of that delicious Lentil Soup from last week lurking in the freezer)
Thursday Dinner: More delicious brined chicken, roasted carrots, and another simple salad
Friday Lunch: Something leftover


Shopping List:

Produce:
  • 1 red onion
  • 2 yellow onions
  • 1 bag of celery
  • 10 tomatoes
  • 1 lb of kale or collard greens
  • 1 bag of carrots
  • 12 oz. of baking potatoes
  • 2 zucchini
  • 1 yellow summer squash
  • Head of lettuce
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • Parsley
Meat:
  • 4 chicken breasts
Dry/Canned Goods:
  • 19 oz red kidney beans
  • Breadcrumbs
  • 6 cups vegetable broth
  • Dried thyme
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Miracle Whip Lite

No comments:

Post a Comment